The Arizona Cardinals got their long-awaited statement win Sunday afternoon as they surprised the AFC South leading Jacksonville Jaguars. In this win the Arizona Cardinals reclaimed some of their mojo, after being beat by a terrible Texans team. The Arizona Cardinals came out and bested the Jags in what was likely the most exciting game they’ve played all year.
- Blaine Gabbert looks like a real NFL Quarterback. For the first time in Gabberts career the former first round pick has found life in Arizona with the “quarterback whisperer” Bruce Arians. Blaine Gabbert went 22/38 with 241 yards and 2 touchdown passes, if Gabbert continues to play like this then the Cardinals will have to seriously consider him as the “quarterback of the future”.
- Former 5-star recruit out of Texas A&M Ricky Seals-Jones continues to be Blaine Gabberts go-to target through the last 2 weeks. On Sunday, Tight End Seals-Jones had four receptions for 72 yards and one touchdown establishing himself as a pro that can be counted on in this league.
- Against the very best pass rushing defense this year, the Cardinals Offensive line played outstanding. Only allowing Gabbert to get sacked one time for five yards really was the difference maker in this game which allowed the Cardinals to stay in it until the end.
- Tyrann Mathieu had a vintage game on Sunday with a critical interception late in the 4th quarter that stopped the Jags offense in its tracks. If the Cardinals want to string together a few more wins this season then Mathieu needs to play more games like he did on Sunday.
- The Arizona Cardinals front seven kept the top rushing offense in the NFL in check Sunday by completely dominating the line of scrimmage. There haven’t been too many bright spots for the Cards this year as they have been fairly consistent at shutting down the run game – and in a year where running backs dominate, that is definitely a good quality to carry on your defense.
- Kicker Phil Dawson has finally showed a sign of consistency and has made his last seven field goals – although, I still believe we should move on from Dawson. However, it’s a long season and feelings can change.
The Arizona Cardinals showed signs of life this weekend competing against a very impressive Jags team. Lets continue to wait and see about the Cardinals. This weekend they will battle against the Los Angeles Rams and try to avenge their ugly loss they suffered in England.
More stories you might like