After a miserable Thursday night loss to the Seattle Seahawks the Cardinals sit at a mediocre 4-5 where a playoff spot seems to be distant at best, and the season is starting to feel more like a wasted year than anything else. Ultimately, for us Cardinal fans it’s time to start thinking about how to acquire a better draft pick, since Quarterback Carson Palmer will likely be retiring. The Cardinals need to establish a new Quarterback that can lead us into the future. Personally, I thought the Cardinals played a great game considering we played without our typical the key starters because of injuries. However, it wasn’t enough, and the Cardinals lost to Seattle 22-16.
- The Cardinal Offensive line played fairly well when it came to pass blocking, however, they couldn’t get Adrian Peterson and the run game going, so, they became completely one-sided with a pass attack and the Seahawks dropped back into coverage and never allowed the Cardinals to get back into the game.
- Drew Stanton played very well for a backup quarterback going up against the Seahawks Legion of Boom Defense. However, he did miss some easy throws and left some points on the field and the Cardinals couldn’t afford to leave those points behind.
- The Wide Receiving corps of the Arizona Cardinals – excluding Larry Fitzgerald – have got to be the worst group of Wide Receivers that the Cardinals have had in a long time. Whether it’s John Brown struggling to stay on the field or JJ Nelson struggling to catch a pass the Cardinals need to find replacements for next year as this season looks to be a wash.
- The Arizona Cardinals defense I thought played their best game of the season against the Seattle Seahawks, especially the pass rush. Although, injury plagued on the defensive line they were able to get home on Russell Wilson multiple times and make life rough on him all night.
- Budda Baker stepped up big against the Seahawks Thursday night and was the 3rd ranked safety for week 10 according to Pro Football Focus. Now that Tyvon Branch is done for the season we’ll get to see if Baker is the real deal throughout the rest of the season.
- What’s left to say about the Cardinals not-so-special teams. They are absolutely awful, Phil Dawson can’t drain a kick and they cannot tackle on kickoff returns. Fire the coach, cut Dawson and find some new players that can tackle on kickoff returns.
More stories you might like