The Cardinals loss to the Rams was definitely a hard pill to swallow, and now for the first time in a long time the Rams have swept the season series. This was expected, all in all the Los Angeles Rams are just the better team and they have a lot less injuries to deal with. I know Cardinal fans had high hopes this year, but it’s just not going to happen – at least not this season. Cardinal fans it’s now time to look forward to the draft and free agency, and hope this disaster of a team can be turned around by next year.
- Blaine Gabbert had his first -what I thought- was a poorly executed game. He went 18-32 on his passes completing just under 55% with 221 yards, one touchdown and two interceptions. Gabbert is not the Quarterback of the future, if I were in the Cardinals head office I’d invite him back as the backup to the next quarterback of the future.
- Kerwynn Williams had one of his best days as a Cardinal and continues to have his way against the Rams. Williams rushed for 97 yards with 16 carries averaging just 6.9 yards per carry. Williams is still a suitable backup in my opinion, but his performance should not go unnoticed.
- Let’s take a moment to appreciate what Larry Fitzgerald continues to do for the Cardinals. Despite his age, Fitz reeled in 10 receptions with 98 yards and a touchdown. The more I watch Fitzgerald play the more I begin to believe he’s the greatest Wide Receiver of all-time.
- Chandler Jones continues to earn every bit of that contract extension he signed back in the off-season. To be honest the Cardinal defense is very promising when you think of it, with Chandler Jones, Patrick Peterson, and the combination of Haasan Reddick and Budda Baker. Those four players can be the core of the next great Cardinal Defense.
- All in all, it looked like the rest of the defense gave up on the offense and realized there wasn’t any point in trying. Sadly, this has been the story of the Cardinal defense continuously giving up half-way through the game.
- The Special Teams are still a mess. Now that Kicker Phil Dawson is doing better, the players in front seem to be having a hard time blocking for him and thus his field goal attempts continue to get blocked. In addition, the Cardinals couldn’t tackle on punt returns and that also helped doom the Cardinals throughout this game.
The Cardinals will continue to struggle to the finish line this year and take on the Titans this Sunday. Although most Cardinal fans probably are hoping for a Cardinal loss too increase their chances at a greater draft pick. Overall, well see how they fair with Titans Quarterback Marcus Mariota and company.
More stories you might like